Vevelstad Church is a wooden construction which was dedicated on the 16. September 1796. In 1871 it was extended giving the present-day appearance. During the extension many fixtures were removed but the altar piece, the pulpit and the mural on the transverse wall of the chancel were left. These art treasures have been painted by the Italian painter Joseph Pisani (1760-1833). His motives are Mediterranean in color and shape. At the church stands a war memorial erected on the grave of some of the war victims.